Pakenham Parish Council Minutes 27th July 2016

PAKENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 27th July 2016 at 7.30pm
Pakenham Village Hall

Present: Cllr Painter, Cllr Dorling, Cllr Bagnell, Cllr Brookman, Cllr Davey, Cllr Palfrey and Cllr Sidebotham
Two Members of the public were in attendance.
Mrs S Brown (clerk) took the minutes.

1 - Record Councillors' apologies for absence: All in attendance

2 - Declarations of interest: No Declarations of interest received

3 - Reports:-
Havebury Housing:-
Jill Theobald Havebury housing officer attended with Havebury architect Chris Wilkie from Rees Pryers Architects. The Housing Officer asked for the Councils views on the possible development. Cllr Painter stated the village wanted small units on the site with possibly small bungalows. It was felt starter homes or smaller units for older people rather than larger housing was wanted. Looking at the scheme that has been produced he felt it was over development of the site particularly considering the letter received from Strategic Housing stating 13 houses which from a highway requirement 26 car spaces would be needed; this would be unacceptable. Cllr Painter advised the Council was happy to meet with Strategic Housing at the site and discuss the issue. Cllr Painter highlighted other layout/housing options including whether there was a need for gardens for all the units bearing in mind the close proximity of the playing field and allotments. It was also highlighted the need for the lost allotments to be shown where they would be moved to on the plans, this was discussed. Cllr Painter advised the current access road was 4.5m wide at present and suggested Highways will insist it should be 4.8m wide. The Council would want the Dell sorted when the road was widened. It was advised there was a small area of land on the left which was owned by the Council which could also be made available. Cllr Dorling wanted the access road adopted by Havebury or SCC ensuring there could be no come back asking the Parish Council to sort any problems with the Dell/Road in future. It was reiterated there was an allowance in the cost plan to do the works to the access road. Cllr Bagnell stated the works to the road should be completed before any building work taking place. Cllr Brookman advised nothing can happen until the Parish Council gives permission to Havebury. The access road will be part of any agreement between Havebury and the Parish Council and will be laid out and agreed before any works can take place. Cllr Painter advised structural engineers will also complete a report on the access road and they will probably suggest the works to road was completed before any building works took place bearing in mind the weight of construction traffic, particularly readymix lorries. It was asked if there would be a pavement, it was advised the road would be shared access for pedestrians and cars. Cllr Sidebotham advised the boundary hedging needed cut back on The Owell, the Housing Officer to pass on the concerns. Cllr Brookman felt Strategic
Housing was lukewarm towards the possible development, this was discussed. Borough Councillor Brown agreed to check whether Strategic Housing can stop the possible development going forward and report back to the Parish Council and Havebury. Cllr Brookman asked the terms of lease hold tenures are they fixed? Havebury advised tenants all start on one year then she thought they then went into 6year tenure but would have to confirm this. Havebury confirmed they were happy to continue with smaller units. To await the report from Cllr Brown and place on the September agenda.
County Councillor's report:-
Cllr Hopfensperger sent her apologies no report was available.
Borough Councillors report:-
Cllr Brown attended and gave his report which included: West Suffolk Operational Hub going ahead more details in due course. A Devolution handout was provided to Council and placed in the circulation folder.
The overgrown footway at Bury Road has been forwarded to Highways and Cllr Hopfensperger.
Cllr Brown had tried to contact the owner of the land at Grimestone End unfortunately he had not had a response so it had been forwarded to the Enforcement Department to take action.
Cllr Brown advised on agenda item 8 a gun club was allowed 28 days a year to have a clay shoot without having planning permission. Cllr Dorling felt semi-automatic rifles may be being used. The clerk to contact the police with the Parish Council concerns including asking to ensure the weapons are being properly secured and stored.
Public Forum:-
A member of the public advised the works at the pumping station had taken place.

4 - To consider the approval of the minutes of the last meetings:-
The minutes of the meetings held on 22nd June 2016 were approved and signed as a true record.

5 - Matters arising from previous meeting:-
The clerk to chase Highways re the bollards on Fen Road asking them to confirm they are safe to be on the verge. To also chase Highways in regards to the badly worn road surface on Fen Road and the missing sign near the Windmill.

6 - Clerks Report:-
Urban Forestry have confirmed they will undertake the tree survey in September a date will be given nearer the time should Cllr Dorling wish to attend. Letters were sent to householders with verges overgrowing the pavement. Cllr Hopfensperger has confirmed the giant hogweed reported to SCC has been dealt with. Cllr Painter to check there are no further signs of giant hogweed. The clerk to write to the owner of Newe House to cut back the overhanging trees on Fen Road as an obstruction. The clerk to write to the owner of Pakenham Lodge to ask to cut back trees overhanging the footpath.

7 - Correspondence:-
To circulate: The Local Councillor and Clerks & Councils Direct.
Three emails had been received from residents:-
1). Highlighting earth works undertaken within Pakenham Wood disturbing
the Silver Washed Fritillary's habitat. The Clerk contacted the Rights of Way department and was directed to the Ecologist Department at SCC who advised contacting Suffolk Wildlife Trust who have looked into it and replied 'The owner has a licence to thin Corsican pine as part of its PAWS restoration (restoration of lowland plantations on ancient woodland sites) and due to the wet weather in June machinery has churned up the tracks but this will of course recover.' The resident has been informed.
2). Speeding in Upper Town: Council discussed, the clerk to contact the Highways Officer if she could meet Councillors at site to discuss installing safety road markings to help slow traffic at Upper Town to cc in Cllr Hopfensperger. To respond to the resident.
3). Allotment space for young people with additional needs: Council discussed and agreed if a plot became available that could be made available. The clerk to respond to resident
Email received from Anglia Water on private pumping stations and forwarded to the Village Newsletter.
Notification received for the first joint FHDC and SEBC Parish Conference will be taking place on Monday, 14 November 2016 at the Memorial Hall in Newmarket.
The Parish Council were informed Jo Churchill MP would be visiting Pakenham on 11th August at 10.50am the clerk to place a notice on the noticeboard.
Norfolk and Suffolk Devolution: Public consultation deadline 23rd August 2016 SCC holding a meeting in Pakenham Village Hall on 10th August 7 – 9pm to have a short presentation followed by a Q & A session Cllr Sidebotham to attend.

8 - Shooting club/range Stowlangtoft:-
This item discussed under Cllr Brown's report item 3

9 - To consider application for a new memorial:-
E17: Council discussed all in agreement to approve the memorial for plot E17

10 - To consider purchase of Vehicle Activated Sign:-
Cllr Sidebotham advised sites need to be picked out with at least two needed for the pole and sign. Details and prices to go in the circulation folder. Council discussed the possibility of sharing the costs of a V.A.S. with Stowlangtoft, Cllr Painter to approach the Chair of Stowlangtoft, to place on the September agenda.

11 - Agreement to Cllr Brookman serving as a Trustee of Ormiston Academies Trust:-
Council discussed all in agreement for Cllr Brookman to serve as a Trustee of Ormiston Academies Trust

12 - Financial Risk Assessment Annual Review:-
Council discussed all in agreement the financial risk assessment covered the Council's needs.

13 - Planning:-
A further planning application had been received after the
agenda had gone out a planning meeting arranged for Thursday, 4th August at 6pm in the village hall.
DC/16/7355/TCA St Clare, The Street
Trees in a conservation area notification 2no. Pine fell
Council discussed all in agreement no objection.

Applications determined by planning authority: None received

14 - Finance Report and to consider payments to be made:-
The deposit account on 4th April 2016 had a cleared balance of £6715.34.
The current account a cleared balance at 4th July 2016 of £19,695.61 and an uncleared balance after the invoice on the agenda has been paid of £19,284.81.
The first quarter against budget was distributed for information.
The following invoice payment was agreed:-

Cheque issued:-
1492
M & TJ's inv: 11775 - grass cutting
240.00
No further invoices had been received

15 - Councillors' reports and items for future agenda:-
The clerk to write to Holly Weaver and team to thank them for organising the successful theatre production at the cemetery meadow. To also write to Pakenham Social Club and team to thank them for the successful event on the playing field as well as the team who organised the Flower and Produce Show.

16 - Date of next meeting:–
A planning meeting to be held on Thursday, 4th August at 6pm. The date of the next scheduled meeting was confirmed as Wednesday, 28th September, 2016 at 7.30pm in the village hall.

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 9.05pm


(ref: 156 – 159)

Pakenham-Village of Two Mills Book
History of Nether Hall book
Download Pakenham Circular Walk leaflet
This site has been tested using the excellent free Firefox
and
Opera
browsers.