Pakenham Parish Council Minutes 22nd June 2016

PAKENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 22nd June 2016 at 7.30pm
Pakenham Village Hall

Present: Cllr Dorling (Vice-Chair), Cllr Bagnell, Cllr Davey, Cllr Palfrey and Cllr Sidebotham
Two Members of the public were in attendance.
Mrs S Brown (clerk) took the minutes.

1 - Record Councillors' apologies for absence:-
Apologies received and accepted from Cllr Painter and Cllr Brookman

2 - Declarations of interest: No Declarations of interest received

3 - Reports:-
County Councillor's report:-
Cllr Hopfensperger did not attend and no report had been received.
Borough Councillors report:-
Cllr Brown attended and gave his report which included: A full meeting of the Council takes place next week which will include Devolution, Cllr Brown briefly explained the benefits of devolution and the West Suffolk Operational Hub will also be voted on to agree in principal.
Cllr Brown advised he had attended an Ixworth Parish Council meeting and reported they did not wish to take forward the issue of the kebab van.
Cllr Brown advised the footpath and Bury road were both the responsibility of Suffolk County Council.
Planning issues Cllr Brown reported they were monitoring Newbury, the parcel of land at Grimestone End they currently cannot find a contact address to serve a notice but they will continue to seek this.
Public Forum:-
A resident asked if the item on the agenda 'overhanging vegetation' related to the Watermill; it was not. It was asked if the Parish Council had an opinion on the bollards recently installed by a resident on Fen Road. The Council discussed; the clerk to inform Highways they have been installed.
It was asked if the Council had a view on the sad state of the Windmill. Council advised they had not been informed of any problems. Cllr Dorling, tree warden agreed to meet a resident at the Watermill to look at concerns with trees/hedgerow. The Council reiterated they were keen to support the Watermill which was an asset to the village.

4 - To consider the approval of the minutes of the last meetings:-
The minutes of the meetings held on 2nd June were approved and signed as a true record.

5 - Matters arising from previous meeting:-
Affordable Housing Response: The clerk circulated the response from Havebury Housing who had asked for clarification on a number of issues. Cllr Painter had forwarded a suggested response, Council discussed and agreed to respond asking for the plan which had been sent to the planning department which should include the reinstatement of the three allotments also reiterating small units had been asked for as per the Parish plan.

6 - Clerks Report:-
The letter of concern re the kebab van had been sent to Cllr Brown, Cllr Hopfensperger and Ixworth Parish Council. A letter of support for the new premises licence for The Fox Public House had been sent. A copy of the new Vision 2031 from St Edmundsbury had been received. The Declaration of Compliance had been completed with the Pension Regulator and confirmation had been received. The Parish Council as an employer will be required to re-declare with The Pension Regulator in approximately three years time or sooner if there are any changes to staff employed. Highways update: Cllr Hopfensperger had advised the pot hole on Brand Road should be completed within four weeks.

7 - Overhanging Vegetation:-
Cllr Dorling reported it was very dangerous joining the A1088 from Sandy Lane (Bailey Pool) due to overgrown verges. Cllr Sidebotham advised a number of road signs were now covered by overgrown hedges and verges. The clerk to contact SCC to ask when they are cutting back verges. Cllr Sidebotham advised the pavement between The Greenwoods and Manor Garth was being encroached by vegetation, the clerk to write to residents concerned. Council asked for the clerk to send a letter of thanks to Mr Manning to pass on to the two lads who cut back the hedge/vegetation on Fen Road in Grimestone End. Cllr Sidebotham asked when the Church Green Wood area was cut: M & TJ's should cut the path leading into Church Green Wood regularly and the path inside once a year. Cllr Dorling to check whether the hedge on Bull corner needed cutting back.

8 - Correspondence:-
Three emails had been received from residents one regarding the possible affordable housing who had been informed two officers from Havebury would be attending the meeting on 27th July. An obstruction was reported on the footpath across the Fen this had been forwarded to the Rights of Way Officer at SCC and an email asking for a donation/grant for an individual to become a Green Badge Town Guide for Bury St Edmunds. Council discussed and suggested they contact Pakenham Charities as the Parish Council did not give grants to individuals.
-National Rail Consultation was circulated if any Cllr wished to complete the online survey.
-The Rights of Way and Access Development Team at SCC is currently preparing a second Rights of Way Improvement Plan. This is a statutory document that sets out how the team will manage and improve Rights of Way within Suffolk from 2016 to 2026. Cllr Sidebotham had completed the online survey.
-The Road Investment Strategy – Road Period 2 had been circulated if any Cllr wished to complete the online survey.

9 - To consider Summer Tree Survey:-
Council discussed and all in agreement to accept the quotation from Urban Forestry to complete a tree hazard survey in September.

10 - To consider re-printing of circular path leaflet:-
Council discussed, Cllr Palfrey proposed a £50 donation towards the re-printing of the leaflet this was seconded by Cllr Davey all in agreement.

11 - To consider works to Church driveway:-
Cllr Dorling reported on the driveway and it was agreed to undertake any works at a future date.

12 - Shooting club/range in Stowlangtoft:-
Cllr Dorling reported the noise level and frequency was being monitored, Cllr Brown to look into the matter. To place on next agenda.

13 - Planning:-
Applications determined by planning authority:-
DC/16/0548/FUL Ponderosa, Fen Road granted 3rd June 2016

14 - Finance Report and to consider payments to be made:-
The deposit account on 4th April 2016 had a cleared balance of £6715.34.
The current account a cleared balance at 4th April 2016 of £9435.37 and an uncleared balance after the invoices on the agenda had been paid of £19,494.81.
The payment of invoices was agreed:-

Cheques issued:-
1489
S. Brown 1st quarter expenses
86.80
1490
HMRC
120.80
1491
K.Scott donation towards printing costs of circular walk leaflet as agreed in item 10
50.00
No further invoices had been received

15 - Councillors' reports and items for future agenda:-
Cllr Sidebotham to find costs of a Vehicle Activated Sign to place on next agenda.

16 - Date of next meeting:-
The date of the next scheduled meeting was confirmed as Wednesday, 27th July 2016 at 7.30pm in the village hall.

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8.50pm


(ref 153 – 155)

Pakenham-Village of Two Mills Book
History of Nether Hall book
Download Pakenham Circular Walk leaflet
This site has been tested using the excellent free Firefox
and
Opera
browsers.