Pakenham Parish Council 19th February 2014

PAKENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 19th February, 2014 at 7.30pm
Pakenham Village Hall

Present: Cllr H Painter (Chairman), Cllr M Sargent (Vice-Chairman), Cllr C Palfrey, Cllr M Bagnell, Cllr D Dorling and Cllr I Brookman.
Five Members of the public attended, Mrs S Brown (clerk) took the minutes

1 - Apologies for absence:-
Apologies received and accepted from Cllr R Griffin

2 - Declarations of interest: No declarations of interest received

3 - Public Forum: No members of the public wished to speak

4 - County Councillor's Report:-
Cllr R Hopfensperger did not attend and no report had been received.

5 - Borough Councillor's Report:-
B Cllr Spicer attended but arrived late: he reported the footpath sign on Bull Road had still not been mended - clerk to contact SCC. He advised the newly appointed locality officer Helen Lindfield was available to attend the Parish Council meeting on 23rd April to give a short presentation and take questions. Council agreed for her to attend, B Cllr Spicer to arrange. He advised he had reported the flooding outside Woodstock on 17th February ref no: 3285384 - clerk to follow up. B Cllr Spicer handed over the street light paperwork to clerk to report in future.

6 - Police report:-
PCSO Ken Ruston attended and gave his report: he thanked the public and Council for all their support, one crime had been reported since the last meeting a burglary from a shed used as an office in a rear garden with a laptop, two cameras and other photographic equipment stolen. They have received continued complaints relating to speeding. Due to recent weather conditions the speed board has been out less frequently so asked the public to be patient with them whilst they try to make their way around the villages fairly. Across the SNT area in Jan/Feb 22 speed checks conducted. The speed board had been deployed on 28 occasions 3 of which were in Pakenham. Community speed watch teams carried out 5 speed checks resulting in 29 warning letters being sent to drivers.

7 - To Consider the approval of the minutes of the last meeting:-
The minutes of the meeting held on 8th January were approved and signed as a true record. Clerk to attach a copy of the precept form to the minutes as a record.

8 - Reports from previous meeting:-
a. Overgrown Hedgerow
Cllr Dorling reported Mr Bryant had given a price of £150 for a morning using a tractor and flail to take back the overgrown edge of the playing field. He had suggested not doing the work until the ground was harder to avoid damaging the playing field. Mr Harnor advised he had 4/5 volunteers to help with the work. Cllr Dorling to give Mr Bryant's contact details to Mr Harnor. PVH & PFA to arrange the work to be done including a risk assessment & checking of insurance. Council agreed to share the cost with the PVH & PFA paying £75 towards the cost.
b. PC Workshop new scheme of delegation
Cllr Bagnell and the clerk reported on their attendance of the above. A letter was sent to St Edmundsbury as instructed from the last meeting expressing Councils concerns. Two copies of the 'Development Management Shared Service – Single Way of Working' from the workshop was circulated to Councillors.

9 - Clerks Report:-
SCC had been informed about the weight limit post being knocked down. Cllr Spicer has passed on the reporting of street light problems to SCC to the clerk. Cllr Dorling reported the two street lights in Grimstone End are now working. He advised the public of a new system of reporting problems using the telephone number on the lamp poles. Both Cllr Spicer and the clerk have been chasing SCC about the flooding problem on Bull Road. The allotments are now all rented out.

10 - Planning Applications:-
DC/13/0908/FUL : 35 & 38 The Owell.
Installation of air source heat pumps
Council discussed and concerns were expressed at the impact in terms of noise of the air source heat pumps especially as the buildings are maisonettes. They have no objection in principal but would urge the environmental health officer to consider the likely impact of sound on the neighbours especially considering the low background noise as it is in a rural area.
DC/14/0023/HH : House adjacent to Shetland Boats.
Alterations to existing dwelling –
Council discussed. Cllr Brookman proposed and Cllr Sargent seconded no objections to the planning application.

Notifications of planning decisions: clerk read out received planning decisions.

11 - Tree Hazard Assessment Report:-
The report had been received, it was noted the added area at the allotments had been included at no extra charge. Council asked for the report to be scanned and sent to all Councillors with copies being sent to Cllr Palfrey and Cllr Bagnell. Cllr Dorling who had accompanied Urban Forestry advised there were a number of large trees near the allotments of unkown ownership. Cllr Brookman reported land registry had now found a package of deeds relating to the Parish Council.
To put on next agenda.

12 - Correspondence:-
It was noted there were places still available on the Public Transport Seminar taking place 24 February. The Local Councillor, handout from the above planning workshop and a copy of an email received from Mr & Mrs Harrison and a reply were circulated.

13 - Grass and hedge cutting 2014-15:-
Clerk informed Council of the four companies being asked to quote by the next meeting and was advised the map to send with the letters was correct. Council asked for the companies to quote for two years 2014-15 and 2015-16.

14 - Finance Report & consider payments to be made:-
Deposit account cleared balance at 23/12/13 - £6656.12
Current account cleared balance at 23/12/13- £7673.83
Current account uncleared balance at 19/2/14 after tonight's invoices on the agenda are paid (grants not included) £5587.88

Cheques raised:
1386
Urban Forestry inv. 17949
564.00
1387
D.Thrower inv for £115 fence at The Dell
115.00
1388
Cllr Sargent proposed and seconded by Cllr Painter to continue CPRE subscription.
29.00
1389
D.Dorling - paint for BT Kiosk
26.78
1390
Cllr Painter proposed and seconded by Cllr Brookman to make grant to PVH&PFA
1170.00

15 - Councillors' reports and items for future agenda:-
Cllr Dorling advised the light in the BT kiosk was not working. Clerk to contact Cllr Griffin and BT to find out whether a light was needed.
Cllr Sargent reported a member of the public has expressed concern at the row of trees on the edge of the playing field and road which are overgrown with ivy. PVH & PFA to deal with the matter.
Cllr Brookman advised the hedge on Pakenham Road had not been cut back and the 30mph sign was obscured. The clerk to advise Highways at SCC.
Cllr Painter reported he had received a phone call from a member of the public who advised he had made an offer on The Fox public house. Council asked Cllr Painter to explore the possibility of purchasing the meadow behind The Fox. To put on next agenda.

16 - Date of next meeting:-
Wednesday, 19th March, 2014 in the Village Hall at 7.30pm

There being no further business the meeting closed at
9.10pm.

Pakenham-Village of Two Mills Book
History of Nether Hall book
Download Pakenham Circular Walk leaflet
This site has been tested using the excellent free Firefox
and
Opera
browsers.