Pakenham Parish Council Minutes - 23rd October 2006

Meeting of

PAKENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

MONDAY 23 OCTOBER 2006 - PAKENHAM VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT: Cllr J Mangnall, Cllr D Dorling, Cllr M Sargent, Cllr L Patterson Cllr H Painter, Cllr Griffin, Cllr P Smith, PC E Ford and Mrs M Gardiner (clerk).

APOLOGIES: Cllr C Spicer (another meeting), Cllr R Hopfensperger (other meetings) , CPO Sheena Tate (rest day)

2 - DECLARATION OF INTERESTS: none.

3 - PUBLIC FORUM: no public present.

4 - POLICE REPORT:
CPO Emily Ford attended and was welcomed to the meeting. The only local crime reported since the last meeting was theft from an insecure vehicle in Fen Rd. Youths were reported to be congregating at the bus shelter and were leaving litter despite the availability of a litter bin - to be monitored. Speeding is still a concern. Harvest lorries constantly drive too fast through the village. Cars parked on the pavement prove a hazard to pedestrians along Fen Rd.

5 - BOROUGH COUNCILLOR'S REPORT:
Tipping on the A143 Ixworth Bypass: Cllr Spicer reported that Jane Stanley is now investigating Mr Bart's operations.
Anderson's/Grimstone End Pit: Met with the Principal Enforcement Officer & Mervyn Wake on 13 October. Trevor Anderson was given 21 days to declare his future intentions for the pit. He knows he is in breach of Planning Regulations. (The Council was sent a copy of this letter)
Shetland Boats: Mr Reinman has submitted his ventilation programme. Mr Wake has visited twice & found no irregularities. Planning permission renewal required 18.5.07.
Stowlangtoft Rifle Range - appears to be getting very expensive for the applicant.

6 - COUNTY COUNCILLOR'S REPORT:
CCTV - Cllr Hopfensperger enquired re progress.
Fen Rd/Bull Lane triangle - Highways Dept to attend site meeting, Councillors will be informed of date so that they may attend. FenRd/Baileypool Bridge/Grimstone End triangle to be included.
Anderson's/Grimstone End Pit - there is a dispute over the highway boundary so matter passed to Borough to check planning permission re building up road onto marsh. Toad signs are on order.

The Chairman convened the meeting.

7 - MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING: were agreed & signed as a true record.

8 - CLERK'S REPORT:
SCC Traffic Management Engineer was reminded about the white line extension outside the village hall across the driveway of No.8. The work should be done very shortly.
Manor Garth oil tank - CPS Fuels were reminded that this tank had still not been removed and they assured us that the work would be undertaken as soon as possible.
Additional inscription to memorial - was agreed.
Erection of telephone pole - it was agreed that a pole could be erected by the side of Church Green Wood to enable Church Green Cottages to be connected to the telephone network.
Electoral Registration - information has been circulated for inclusion on the website and in the Church News.
Salt Bins - The position of these bins are as follows: Church Rd, Fen Rd/Stowlangtoft junction, Fen Rd/Bailey Pool/Grimstone End junction, St Mary's Close, Upper Town junction, Owell corner. Salt will be ordered for all bins.

9 - PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
SE/06/2438 - Newe House, Fen Road - Listed Building Application
Internal works to include (i) removal of bathroom partition (ii) insertion of new door & partitions & associated works.
The Council have no objections to these works.

APPLICATIONS GRANTED:
SE/06/2290 - Bell House, The Street.
Re-instatement of front boundary wall.
Panel of facing brickwork to be provided on site for inspection by Planning Authority.
SE/06/2311 - The Beehive, The Street.
Erection of conservatory to rear elevation.
SE/06/2319 - 54 The Owell.
Demolition of outbuilding.
SE/06/2169 - 12 The Owell.
Erection of single storey garage.
SE/06/2121 - Paltry Farm, Brand road, Gt Barton.
Erection of single storey extension to accommodate swimming pool.
SE/06/2229 - Mulberry House, Church Hill.
Erection of detached double garage.
SE/06/2357 - Land to rear of The Patch, Thurston Rd, Gt Barton.
Erection of chalet bungalow, single garage & new vehicular access off Pakenham Road.
TP/065(1980)7 - Mulberry House, Church Hill.
Reduce crown by 30% to 4 lime trees, fell 1 sycamore, reduce crown by 30% to 2 evergreen oaks.
TP0236(1997)6 - 3 The Greenwoods.
Fell 1 lime tree.

APPLICATION REFUSED
SE/06/1976 - Brenricke, Grimstone End.
Erection of dwelling & cartlodge/garage (following demolition of existing cottage).

Felling of tree within Pakenham Conservation Area on land between The Ecke & Compton Cottage - after consultation with the Tree & Landscape Officer of St Edmundsbury the Council was informed that, due to the extent of decay to this tree, a preservation order was not justified and, therefore, no further action will be taken.

Planning questionnaire from the Local Government Information Unit was considered and replies will be returned to them as requested.

Planning query - 2 Micklemere, Mill Road. Planning permission was given in 2002 for a 2-storey extension, which appears is now being advertised to let in the local newspaper. Planning Dept to be advised.

10 - FINANCE REPORT:
Cheques signed since the last meeting: A J Hosken, Clerk, Hanchets (for Wakeman Memorial) PAYE.
Cheques signed at the meeting: A J Hosken, Clerk, SALC (Clerk's training), Royal British Legion.
Receipts: Wayleave (Manor Garth)
Bank charges have been incurred due to errors on both sides when transferring funds. A letter will be sent to the bank requesting a refund of these charges.
Financial Regulations - Councillors to study these with a view to adoption at the next meeting.

11 - TIPPING BESIDE A143:
Clerk to write to Mr Chiverton for an explanation, as it was understood that an enforcement order was to be issued. In the meantime tipping continues.

12 - CCTV & ADDITIONAL LIGHTING OUTSIDE VILLAGE HALL:
There is still no wire visible at the pole to allow connection. The Council understood that arrangements had been made for a hole to be dug, but as yet this has not happened. Cllr Mangnall to investigate.
There is also no cable with the CCTV.

13 - BEECH TREE IN THE DELL:
This has been found to have the fungus Meripilus giganteus which destroys the roots of trees and makes them unstable. The Tree Officer visited and advised that it should be felled. His letter was read out to the meeting. Quotations were invited and the Council voted unanimously to accept that of W Jarvis, whose work was known to the Council. Clerk to contact Mr Jarvis to find out an estimated date when he could do the work.
We are required to plant a tree in its place and this will be discussed at a later date.

14 - STANDING ORDERS:
Councillors to study these with a view to adoption at the next meeting.

15 - CORRESPONDENCE:
St Edmundsbury - Minutes of Standards Committee meeting, July.
Invitation to 'An Inconvenient Truth' 30th October.
Parish Council Conference 31st October. Councillors to let Clerk know by 25 Oct if they wish to attend.
Mid Suffolk DC - Key Service Centres report for Mid Suffolk Local Development Framework - circulated.
SCC - Traffic safety at Pakenham crossroads. Timescale of any improvements to follow.
Suggested sites for mineral sites - addition of site at Elmswell/Wetherden.
A Better Way for Suffolk - Guide to local County Councillors.
Community Safety Forum 24th October - Clerk to attend.
SALC - IT training 16th November.
Workshop 14th November: Local Development Frameworks - getting the best for your community. SALC/Suffolk Preservation Society.
AGM minutes & Annual report.
NALC - Employment Equality (Age) regulations 2006.
CCPRE - Have your say on the development of the East of England - circulated.
Natural Collection catalogue.
Suffolk Acre - Information, certificate of membership, Guide to Projects & Services, SuffolkScene - circulated, PAT testing offer, VCS ICT support, evaluation sheet, Village Halls Conference Invitation.
Abbeycroft Leisure - Request for suggested Mobile Skate Park Locations.
CRB - Annual Report.
Suffolk Wildlife - Newsletter - circulated.

16 - OPEN FORUM:
Cllr Painter suggested that we look into Pakenham joining the Community Responder Scheme and circulated details. The Council proposed asking for interest from the Parish by circulating details in the Church News, on the website and on the noticeboards. Anyone interested should contact the Chairman.

17 - DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday 20 November, 7.30pm

Pakenham-Village of Two Mills Book
History of Nether Hall book
Download Pakenham Circular Walk leaflet
This site has been tested using the excellent free Firefox
and
Opera
browsers.